MAP, or the Measure of Academic Progress, is a computerized adaptive test which helps teachers, parents, and administrators improve learning for all students and make informed decisions to promote child’s academic growth. As Wichai Wittaya Cambridge Program we are using MAP TEST to measure and promote our students academic growth.
To Prepare for Testing
1. Meet with your child’s teacher as often as needed to discuss his or her progress. Parents and teachers working together benefits students.
2. Provide a quiet, comfortable place for studying at home without distractions from TV or electronic devices.
3. Make sure that your child is well rested on school days and especially the day of a test. Children who are tired are less able to pay attention in class or handle the demands of a test
4. Give your child a well-rounded diet. A healthy body leads to a healthy, active mind.
To Prepare for Language
5. Talk to your child and encourage him or her to join in conversation during family activities.
6. Help your child write a letter to friend or family member.
To Prepare for Reading
7. Provide many opportunities for your child to read a wide variety of books, magazines, and other materials. By reading new materials, a child learns new words that might appear on a test.
To Prepare for Math
8. Spend time with kids on simple board games, puzzles, and activities that encourage better attitudes and stronger math skills. Encourage children to solve problems. Provide assistance, but let them figure it out themselves, Problem solving is a lifetime skill. The kitchen is filled with tasty opportunities to teach fractional measurements, such as doubling and dividing cookie recipes.
9. Point out ways that people use math every day to pay bills, balance their checkbooks, figure out their net earning, make change, and tip at restaurants.
10. Involve older children in projects that incorporate geometric and algebraic concepts such as planting a garden, building a bookshelf, or figuring out how long it will take to drive your family vacation destination.